Saturday, July 11, 2009

4th Of July

I love the 4th of July so much. It really may be my most favorite holiday and this year was pretty much perfect. I had Friday off since the 4th landed on  a Saturday this year so that was great. On Friday I went to the beach with Jessie, Kristy and some of our guy friends. It was a great day and getting busy with all of the people driving in for the holiday. I have never seen traffic so bad so we were on bikes all day to avoid getting stuck in traffic for anything. After the beach us girls rode our bikes to our favorite Mexican restaurant, El Matador. That place kind of reminds me of Matta's back in AZ. It is amazing! 

On Saturday morning Luke and I woke up fairly early and went running by the beach. It was so fun to see everyone getting an early start to the 4th. After the run we went back to the  beach and just relaxed all day. Of course it was very entertaining, as it always is in Newport on the 4th. At night we went to Kristy's BBQ where she made maybe the best meal I've had in a long time. At night we walked out to the water and watched the fireworks. It was a perfect weekend and I was thankful for it!

No comments: